This privacy notice is for the website www.vet-ct.com and served by Vet CT Specialists Limited, St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, United Kingdom Ltd. Co: 06955449, and governs the privacy of those who use it. The purpose of this notice is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business Vet CT Specialists Limited.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- “VetCT” refers to the business Vet CT Specialists Limited.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
- DPM means Data Protection Manager.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process any personal information about you electronically using the following way. Unless otherwise defined, we only process your personal data for accounts and records, advertising, marketing, PR, staff administration (where applicable) purposes;
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA335600.
We use the consent lawful basis under the GDPR for the processing of your information when you explicitly consent:
- To subscribe to our email mailing list.
- To register an account on our website in order to access our range of services including Telemedicine services and Teleradiology reporting services, in-house training, education courses, 3D printing, professional advices.
- To enable you to submit your CV and apply for jobs.
Your information is used to be able to identify you as user of the VetCT services, and to send you marketing messages within the scope outlined to you at the point of subscription.
We collect the following information from our website:
- First name
- Last Name
- Email address
You can manage your personal information at any time through your dashboard on our website.
We use your personal data to operate our website and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you.
We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing our DPM on email@example.com.
When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication.
We do not share your personal information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; andthe right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google analytics
- Stripe (payments system)
- Browser update.org (reminds users to update their browsers)
- Doubleclick (Google service for marketing/analytics)
- Cookies set by VetCT: CSRF token and country code (These don't store any user data)
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
Privacy Notice Policy: v.1.1 May 2018